Women in Business
Wednesday, October 20 Panel Luncheon
As we all head back into our offices and places of work, keeping our mental and physical health in the fore front can be difficult. Join us as we hear from a panel of experts on ways to be healthy in the workplace. Registration is now open.
Almaz Rufael is the Clinical Nutritionist Manager for Ascension Via Christi and will be sharing how the eat healthier in the workplace.
Stephanie Johnson, Physical Therapist and co-owner of Maximum Performance will be addressing putting movement into your work day.
Lindsey Volz, owner of Find Your Yoga will be discussing ways to merge mindfulness into the workplace.
Betty Mattingly-Ebert, owner of Paradoxx Design will highlight how your built environment can affect your health and ways you can easily make changes without breaking the bank.
Please note we will be a tables of six and we will be having a boxed lunch. It is our hope that everyone will feel comfortable in attending!
Registration must be received by October 13. Refunds will not be processed after October 13, but transfers would be honored.
Women in Business Book Clubs!
The inspiring, life-changing bestseller by the author of LEADERS EAT LAST and TOGETHER IS BETTER.
In 2009, Simon Sinek started a movement to help people become more inspired at work, and in turn inspire their colleagues and customers. Since then, millions have been touched by the power of his ideas, including more than 28 million who’ve watched his TED Talk based on START WITH WHY -- the third most popular TED video of all time.
Sinek starts with a fundamental question: Why are some people and organizations more innovative, more influential, and more profitable than others? Why do some command greater loyalty from customers and employees alike? Even among the successful, why are so few able to repeat their success over and over?
People like Martin Luther King Jr., Steve Jobs, and the Wright Brothers had little in common, but they all started with WHY. They realized that people won't truly buy into a product, service, movement, or idea until they understand the WHY behind it.
START WITH WHY shows that the leaders who've had the greatest influence in the world all think, act, and communicate the same way -- and it's the opposite of what everyone else does. Sinek calls this powerful idea The Golden Circle, and it provides a framework upon which organizations can be built, movements can be led, and people can be inspired. And it all starts with WHY.
Clubs will begin meeting the week of September 6 and 13th
and end the week of November 8.
Rising Strong: How the Ability to Reset Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent and Lead
Social scientist Brené Brown has ignited a global conversation on courage, vulnerability, shame, and worthiness. Her pioneering work uncovered a profound truth: Vulnerability—the willingness to show up and be seen with no guarantee of outcome—is the only path to more love, belonging, creativity, and joy. But living a brave life is not always easy: We are, inevitably, going to stumble and fall.
It is the rise from falling that Brown takes as her subject in Rising Strong. As a grounded theory researcher, Brown has listened as a range of people—from leaders in Fortune 500 companies and the military to artists, couples in long-term relationships, teachers, and parents—shared their stories of being brave, falling, and getting back up. She asked herself, What do these people with strong and loving relationships, leaders nurturing creativity, artists pushing innovation, and clergy walking with people through faith and mystery have in common? The answer was clear: They recognize the power of emotion and they’re not afraid to lean in to discomfort.
Walking into our stories of hurt can feel dangerous. But the process of regaining our footing in the midst of struggle is where our courage is tested and our values are forged. Our stories of struggle can be big ones, like the loss of a job or the end of a relationship, or smaller ones, like a conflict with a friend or colleague. Regardless of magnitude or circumstance, the rising strong process is the same: We reckon with our emotions and get curious about what we’re feeling; we rumble with our stories until we get to a place of truth; and we live this process, every day, until it becomes a practice and creates nothing short of a revolution in our lives. Rising strong after a fall is how we cultivate wholeheartedness. It’s the process, Brown writes, that teaches us the most about who we are.
Panel: Understanding the Stock Market
When: September 15
Time: Doors open at 11:45 a.m. with program beginning at Noon
Where: Manhattan Public Library
Join us as Gail Urban, Americus Wealth Partners and Laura Warta, Keating and Associates, demystify the Stock Market.
- Bring your own lunch and we will provide the beverages!
- Complimentary for Chamber Members; $10 for non-members.
- Please register so we have an idea of number of people.
Women in Business Presents The Ripple Effect!
How the Ripple Effect Speaker Series Works
- The Leadercast: Ripple Effect Speaker Series is a series of videos followed by a scheduled Zoom post-event discussion we've called Leaderchats. The series will happen once a month beginning on March 31.
- Register for this series and ahead of each episode date we will send you a video to watch and a link to the post-event discussion Leaderchats where participants can share thoughts, feedback, experiences. Participants will receive the link to view the speakers on Friday and will have until Tuesday to watch the content. The optional Zoom Leaderchat will occur on Wednesday at noon.
- There are so many ways to tap into the leadership knowledge of this group and our local community through the post-event. Sign up for the entire series or choose from single tickets.
Single tickets are $10 for members and $15 for non-members.
Speakers & Single Ticket Registration
- Speaker: Randi Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Zuckerberg Media and Former Director of Market Development at Facebook. Receive the link: Friday, March 26 - Leaderchat on Wednesday, March 31. Register for Randi Zuckerberg.
- Speaker: Bonnie St. John, Paralympian, Best-Selling Author and Business Consultant. Receive the link: Friday, April 23 - Leaderchat on Wednesday, April 28. Register for Bonnie St. John.
- Speaker: Radha Agrawal, Author, Entrepreneur, and Co-Founder and CEO of Daybreaker. Receive the link: Friday, May 21, Leaderchat on Wednesday, May 26. Register for Radha Agrawal.
- Speaker: Tiffany Dufu, Former Chief Leadership Officer to Levo, Best-Selling Author, and Founder and CEO of The Cru. Receive the link: Friday, June 25, Leaderchat on Wednesday, June 30. Register for Tiffany Dufu.
- Speaker: Stephanie Mehta, Editor-in-Chief of Fast Company. Receive the link: Friday, July 23, Leaderchat on Wednesday, July 28. Register for Stephanie Mehta.
- Speaker: Abby Wambach, Women's Soccer Legend, Best-Selling Author and Founder, Wolfpack Endeavor. Receive the link: Friday, August 20, Leaderchat on Wednesday, August 25. Register for Abby Wambach.
Book Club Study
Join us for a 9 week book club study of:
Burnout: The secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
By Emily and Amelia Nagoski
This groundbreaking book explains why women experience burnout differently than men-and provides a simple, science-based plan to help women minimize stress, manage emotions, and live a more joyful life.
With the help of eye-opening science, prescriptive advice, and helpful worksheets and exercises, all women will find something transformative in these pages-and will be empowered to create positive change. Emily and Amelia aren't here to preach the broad platitudes of expensive self-care or insist that we strive for the impossible goal of "having it all." Instead, they tell us that we are enough, just as we are-and that wellness, true wellness, is within our reach.
The book clubs will meet virtually once a week for 9 weeks for one hour to discuss each chapter. The clubs will be smaller as a way to network and make new friends! All clubs will begin the week of January 25. Books can be purchased through our Chamber members Claflin Books or WalMart.
If you are interested in joining a book club please contact Sharla Meisenheimer via email for placement.
- Mondays at Noon
- Tuesdays at 7 am
- Tuesdays at Noon
- Tuesdays at 8 pm
- Wednesdays at Noon
- Wednesdays at 6 pm
- Thursdays at Noon